We are looking to recruit a Charities Manager to join our growing Charities team.
This role will suit an individual with a keen interest and experience of the charity sector who can work as part of team to continue to drive our charity team forward.
This will be a hybrid role enabling you have the flexibility of working from home. There will be opportunities for further progression for the right candidate.
To manage a portfolio of clients, predominantly in the charity and not for profit sector, whilst reporting to the Head of Charities. The role will entail approximately 75%/25% split between charities/not for profit organisations and commercial organisations.
We have a dedicated charities team, who specialise in supporting charities and not for profit organisations across the country, providing a full range of services including but not limited to accounting, independent examinations, auditing, tax, VAT advice, preparation of management accounts, in-house finance team secondments and support, bespoke training, together with digital and online accounting packages support.
You will have the opportunity to develop your own responsibilities within the team.
- Assisting junior members of staff in the preparation of charity accounts under the Statement of Recommended practice and performing independent examinations
- Reviewing accounts and independent examinations prepared by junior members of staff, preparing and completing the file to a high standard ready for partner review
- Working closely with the Head of Charities on ad hoc projects and specialist advice
- Dealing with specialist charity accounting/taxation/VAT queries as they arise
- Managing workflow to ensure deadlines and client expectations are met
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and established clients
- Assisting junior members of staff preparing limited company accounts
- Reviewing limited company accounts prepared by junior members of staff and passing high quality completed files directly to partner for review
- Preparation of corporation tax/personal tax returns following completion of accounts
- Coaching and developing our trainees into becoming accomplished professionals in the not-for-profit sector
The ideal candidate will
- have a passion for working with the charity sector
- have accounting experience in the charity sector
- be part or fully ACA/ACCA qualified
- be experienced in managing a broad portfolio of clients
- be experienced in coaching or leading others
- be able to establish professional rapport with colleagues and clients
- be able to work both independently and as part of a team
Why A C Mole?
A C Mole is one of the South West’s leading independent firms of Chartered Accountants, Chartered Tax Advisers and Registered Auditors.
We are very proud of our long-standing association with the South West, having spent over 120 years advising local businesses and charities. To mark this milestone, the last year saw us undertake local community projects each month to give back to our local community in Somerset; www.acmole.co.uk/about/120years/
We have a dedicated charities team offering specialist advice to charity and not for profit clients across the country including many household names in Somerset.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Day off for your birthday
- Hybrid working
- Flexible working
- A contributory Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
- Numerous opportunities for development
- A mentoring scheme to all staff in order to assist individuals achieve their goals.
Please contact Jen Mockridge at JMockridge@acmole.co.uk if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
Although the role is for a manager, we would consider an assistant manager wanting to progress to a manager position should the right candidate apply.