We are looking to recruit a Payroll Clerk or Administrator to join our client payroll team based in Taunton.
Reporting to the senior Payroll & HR Manager, this role will suit an individual with a keen interest in, and experience of, processing end-to-end payroll; who can work as part of our team whilst maintaining their own portfolio of clients.
This will be a hybrid role enabling you have the flexibility of working from home for part of your working week. Our ideal candidate will be looking for close to full-time (37.5) hours, although we will consider part-time requests of at least 28 hours a week, which must include Monday and Tuesday working.
• To fully administer the end to end payroll process for client payrolls; including new starters, variations, leavers, HMRC submissions
• To deal with the full auto enrolment pension process; including assessment, enrolments, pension file uploading, declarations
• To process statutory payments including SSP; SMP; SPP; SAP; ShPP
• To build and maintain excellent relationships with clients
• To answer telephone and email queries from clients
• Setting up of new client payrolls
• Administrative tasks as required
Our ideal candidate will have
• Experience in processing end-to-end payroll
• Good attention to detail
• A professional telephone manner and customer service skills
• A proactive approach to problem solving
• Knowledge of Microsoft office systems including Excel and Outlook
• Knowledge of Sage 50 Payroll (desirable but not essential)
• Payroll qualifications (desirable but not essential)
• Knowledge of onboarding of new clients or setting up new payroll schemes (desirable but not essential)
Why A C Mole?
A C Mole is one of the South West’s leading independent firms of Chartered Accountants, Chartered Tax Advisers and Registered Auditors.
We are very proud of our long-standing association with the South West, having spent over 120 years advising local businesses and charities. To mark this milestone, the last year saw us undertake local community projects each month to give back to our local community in Somerset; www.acmole.co.uk/about/120years/
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Day off for your birthday
• Hybrid working
• Flexible working
• A contributory Pension scheme
• Life assurance
• Private healthcare
• Numerous opportunities for development
• A mentoring scheme to all staff in order to assist individuals achieve their goals.
In addition we offer a competitive salary, dependant on experience.
Please contact Jen Mockridge at JMockridge@acmole.co.uk if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.